This 2 day informative, interactive and experiential workshop will offer therapists an understanding of working with couples from a Gestalt and
This 2 day informative, interactive and experiential workshop will offer therapists an understanding of working with couples from a Gestalt and Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT) perspective.
It will provide participants with knowledge on the emotionally focused and attachment oriented approaches of EFT weaved through the phenomenological, dialogic and relational aspects of Gestalt couples therapy.
Participants will be supported with practical and experiential exercises in developing their therapeutic practice. It will, furthermore, support participants in understanding how effective couples therapy can assimilate somatic, systemic and behavioural interventions in enriching a diverse approach to therapy and in working with complex couples issues.
To deepen and support learning, the workshop will include live demonstrations of couples therapy with a local couple by the facilitator!
This workshop will benefit you:
- To feel more confident in handling couples therapy sessions and dealing with conflictual couples
- To avoid the common traps that therapist fall into in couples therapy, supporting your clients to get the most out of their session
- To build more success in your couples therapy
- To reflect on the history and diversity of couple-hood, romantic love relationships and couple therapy
- Gain insight into the intersection of neurobiology, attachment theory and couples therapy
- Recognise the differences and similarities of couples and individual therapy
- Understanding on destructive couples cycles and how to support de-escalation and reconnection
- To develop knowledge on EFT and Gestalt couples therapy through exploring couples cycles with a phenomenological awareness and emotional focus
- Look at the use of experiential interventions within couples therapy
- Demonstrated practice and supported application of learnt techniques and interventions
- Assimilating the somatic, systemic and behavioural work of other therapies
- Working with and supporting complex couples’ issues.
This workshop will attract 14 PD points endorsed by PACFA & AASW
Sean Tonnet (MGest, BSocSc, ADip Welfare) has been working with people for over 25 years and as a full time therapist, clinical supervisor and group facilitator for the past decade. Based in Northern NSW, his reputed and respected practice reflects his comprehensive training in Gestalt therapy, EFT for couples and group leadership.
Specialising in relationships, Sean has over 5000 case hours working with couples. He melds creative relational Gestalt methods and contemporary psychotherapy, neurobiology and mindfulness practices within a safe and sacred space. His work has been reviewed on radio, television and in print, making him a highly sort after relationship therapist within the Northern Rivers.
TIME & LOCATION
The Relational Institute Australia
3/166 Pacific Highway
The Relational Instituteadmin@therelationalinstitute.com.au
Early Bird & Student Rate (before June 30th) $350 +GST
Full fee: $395 +GST
Buy a ticket for this event