To create positive change in our selves, our communities and our planet.
- To offer personally transformative education.
- To educate and train people in relationally oriented psychotherapy.
- To foster and support social initiatives that align with our vision.
- To promote broad access to therapy services to the community through our low-fee clinic.
- To create an inclusive, supportive, and socially aware community among faculty, students, graduates and other stakeholders of our institute.
About the Relational Approach
A relational approach values your sense of connection to yourself, to others, and to our shared place in the world. It encourages increased awareness of being “at home’ in your embodied experience, your ability to be responsive to other people, and a recognition of our interdependence with the natural world.
When shared, these values build a culture.
A relational culture, which promotes awareness, empathy, inclusion and collaboration, while seeking to diminish, disconnection and social isolation. As humans, we grow out of this planet and will only survive our increasing global problems through a developing a sustainable relationship with each other and our natural environment.
Our training programs include an emphasis on personal development to support the developing professional. Ultimately, all therapy is successful due to the person of the therapist and the nature of the relationship. While skills are important, we emphasise a persons capacity to be present with themselves; to open to life. True skill is humanity, not clever techniques.
Fundamentally what you will learn with us is something you live and are rather than something you do to people.