In this moment in history we face mounting threats to our humanity and to the sustainability of life on the planet. Now
In this moment in history we face mounting threats to our humanity and to the sustainability of life on the planet. Now more than ever, an appreciation for the fundamentally relational nature of the ecology of life is critical to our survival.
In this workshop, international Gestalt trainer, author and community organizer, Mark Fairfield, frames the relational perspective as a movement that is revolutionizing human consciousness.
This relational perspective is more than just an alternative point of view: it is a vital, coordinated effort to engage humans back to the deeply relational cultures that once ensured our ancestors’ survival.
Grounded in the values central to the gestalt paradigm;
- Health can only be defined relationally and holisti- cally.
- Embodied experience should be included in important decision making.
- Diversity is essential to all development.
- Sustainability depends on sharing leadership.
This workshop identifies how The Relational Movement can equip us with the tools to catalyse a culture that supports a sustainable, diverse, healthy community.
· Understanding of relational perspectives, their central ideas and the values and practices they promote
· The power of story to shift consciousness and organize knowledge
· Orientation to peer education and peer support as tools for developing relational “leaders”
· Bridging to opportunities to connect to movement leaders and make a contribution
Who is the workshop for?
The workshop is open to all therapists, coaches, organization development consultants, organizers, educators, supervisors, administrators or allies.
Mark Fairfield ( international visiting faculty)
Mark is an internationally recognized Gestalt trainer, author and organizer, with significant experience in organizational consulting, leadership coaching and clinical social work. After completing his graduate studies in social welfare at Columbia University in the 1990s, he occupied various leadership positions in the AIDS movement and the field of public mental health. He founded The Relational Center, a grassroots non-profit in Los Angeles. There he served as Executive Director for over 10 years. Today Mark works with senior executive teams of change-making institutions, offering leadership development and support for culture shift and social transformation.
7 Sept 2018, 9.30-4.30pm
The Relational Instituteadmin@therelationalinstitute.com.au
Early Bird & Student Rate ( Before June 30th) $195 + GST
Full Fee $225 +GST
Buy a ticket for this event